Forbes Arabia was launched in the Arab world in May 2004. The magazine was another addition to the Forbes family of publications following in the footsteps of the heritage built by Forbes, the internationally renown business and finance magazine.
The majority of Forbes Arabia’s pages were translations into Arabic from its sister publications issued in the US, Europe and Asia.
Forbes Arabia’s editors realized early on the magnitude of the challenges they will face:
- Emulating the distinct editorial style of Forbes international.
- Ensuring timely publication according to the highest journalistic standards.
- Issuing the magazine on a monthly basis.
- Accepting the editorial accountability and responsibility of the published content.
To meet the above challenges, and to allow its editors to focus on their core tasks of preparing and editing local content dealing with the Arab markets, Forbes Arabia administration contacted Tabeer. Our team immediately got to work on the following:
- Analyzing Forbes international; its editorial policy, journalistic language, and editorial style.
- Attending workshops aimed at enhancing team comprehension of the workings of the capital market, the stock exchange, trading, entrepreneurship and pioneering projects.
- Preparing a glossary of economic terminology based on terms and phrases used by Forbes, recent economic studies, and the American, British and Asian press.
Within a short period of time, Tabeer and Forbes Arabia forged a direct relationship, founded on Forbes Arabia’s editor Dr. Sulaiman Al-Hattlan respect and admiration of Tabeer’s translation.
Tabeer continued to meet and exceed the expectations of Forbes Arabia in terms of:
- Delivering large quantities of content in a timely manner, allowing the magazine to be issued on schedule every month, and providing content stock to be used by the magazine in emergencies.
- Maintaining the highest standards of accuracy for sensitive content and information.
- Delivering publish ready Arabic content, meeting the needs of the editorial department, and allowing its editors to focus on their tasks.
- Adding value to the original content, through addressing Arab readers and meeting their needs and taste.
- Adding an authentic and sophisticated cultural touch to the Arabic translation of the content and articles.
Forbes Arabia quickly became a leading business and finance publication in the region, establishing itself as the benchmark for business journalism in the Arab world until its final issue.
We at Tabeer are delighted to have made an essential contribution to that success.
Silatech is a dynamic social initiative
that promotes large-scale job creation,
entrepreneurship, access to capital
and markets, and the participation
MTE Studios is a specialized consultancy
focusing on themed architecture
and interactive learning experience,
with offices in Cape Town and Dubai.